Fri, 07 Apr|
Living With The Forests 2023
This program is an immersion into the depths of forest terrains in the Eastern Himalayas & an empathetic engagement with the everyday realities of forest communities with the intention of exchanging knowledge about biodiversity, ecology, culture & sustainable livelihoods.
Time & Location
07-Apr-2023, 8:00 am – 13-Apr-2023, 10:00 am
Sepi, Black Forest Trail, Upper Sepi, Rimbick, West Bengal 734201, India
Living With The Forests is an initiative by Muhaan. This venture in its second edition is co-created in collaboration with Haven Farm, Sepi.
Living With The Forests is a multidisciplinary immersive program with the aim to provide an exploratory journey to understand the people, the ecological biodiversity, the culture and traditions along with the sustainable livelihood practices in relation to the modern development paradigm in the context of Singalila National Park and its local communities.
You will be accomdated in the beutiful Haven Farm stay in sharing basis. Haven Farm is situated in Upper Sepi on the edge of the Singalila National Forest. It is a family-owned and operated farm with Daniel and his wife Maren, as the proprietors and our dear hosts for the event.Daniel and Maren started Haven Farm 10 years ago.As a family, they are learning and implementing the principles of permaculture as well as learning traditional practices from the Sepi community.
We will spend our final night in the 100 year old heritage property of Escapade hostel in Rimbick. The hostel is run by Tsheten Sherpa and his family. The Escapade Hostel will be the final place of gathering as a part of closing the event and celebrating the Escapade!
1. Stay and food during the program
2. Travel from Darjeeling- Sepi- Darjeeling
3. Multiple activities and courses during the program.
4. Needed stationaries.
5. Guided Tours
1. Any food and drink requirements beyond the 3 meal package.
2. Extra stay beyond the program.
3. Any extra travel
People coming from New Jalpaiguri Station (NJP)/Bagdogra Airport
- Reserved Car - Direct from NJP or Bagdogra Airport ( Expected fare - Rs 4000-5000)
- Shared Taxi from Darjeeling More, Siliguri available till 3-4 p.m at regular intervals ( Expected fare- Rs 250- 300)
- Shared Taxi from near Tenzing Norgay Bus Terminus
To travel to Darjeeling More from NJP or Bagdogra in a local taxi or auto (INR 50/-)
Inclusion- 1. Stay and food during the program 2. Travel from Darjeeling- Sepi- Darjeeling 3. Multiple activities and courses during the program. 4. Needed stationaries. 5. Guided Tours Exclusions 1. Any food and drink requirements beyond the 3 meal package. 2. Extra stay beyond the program. 3. Any extra travelFrom ₹10,000.00 to ₹15,000.00
- ₹15,000.00+₹375.00 service fee
- ₹14,000.00+₹350.00 service fee
- ₹10,000.00+₹250.00 service fee